Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bridal Shower


It's raining today, so I'll share with you a bridal shower I threw for my niece recently.  I can't believe she is old enough to be getting married!  She was my flower girl many, many years ago and has grown into the most lovely young woman.  It was so much fun to do this for her, love that girl!

The wedding colors are hot pink and sunshine yellow, so I planned the menu and decor around those colors.



I served a mixed green salad with mandarin oranges (a favorite of the bride) and marinated red onion, couscous salad with zucchini and cherry tomatoes and a simple fruit salad with citrus dressing.



dessert included lemon bars



and red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting




to send away with the guests I made "A", "E" & heart sugar cookies, the bride & grooms initials



beautiful flowers everywhere for this girly girl






I included a pretty piece of paper in the invitations with instructions for the guests to include a family recipe for a cook book for the new bride.  






Most women do not love games at a shower, myself included.  But I wanted everyone to know a bit of the happy couples story.  So I made a questionnaire and Em got to answer the questions and add in the fun details.  It was so fun to watch her share her story!

*thank you to my good friend Dawnelle for taking these beautiful pictures and allowing me to enjoy the party:)



1 comment:

  1. I crave a red velvet right now! This is a nice post and soon I am also going to shares pictures from my sister’s baby shower. I am throwing a baby shower for her and she is planning a bridal shower for me. My wedding is next month in one of the finest wedding venues and I am so excited for the days coming by.

    ReplyDelete