Saturday, August 4, 2012

Baked Beans



One of my go to meals has to be hot dogs with baked beans.  As a kid I was not much of a hot dog fan, I mean processed mystery meat?  ewwww.  But then I had my first Hebrew National- yum.   And with a bowl of spicy, sweet baked beans you just can't go wrong.  This recipe comes from a good friend of mine.  She's a sweet lady who loves the Lord and her family, and her food shows it:)



Start with a good can of pre-made baked beans ( I use vegetarian- that goes back to my mystery meat aversion;) )



Add to it 1 finely chopped small onion along with the remaining ingredients.  Side note- chopped onions freeze well, so if you only have large onions save the remaining amount in a freezer bag for a later time.



Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.  Served with a hot dog and some cut fruit and veggies and everyone in the family will be smiling.  I even got a big hug and "thank you mommy for the yummy dinner" from my littlest guy last night:)  Love it when that happens!

Baked Beans
from Geri Whelan


1 lg can baked beans
1/2 c ketchup
1 sm/med onion, finely chopped
1/4 t worcestershire (or more to taste)
1/2 t garlic salt
1/4 t pepper
1 c borwn sugar

Combine all ingredients in an oven safe dish.  Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment