Tuesday, July 31, 2012

birthday boys...

Today I'm crafting- another love of mine- so I'll share some pics from a while back.

Both the boys this year had pretty specific ideas for their birthday cakes (I wonder where they get that from!).  I'm not much of a cake decorator, so I was pretty happy with how these turned out.  This is the first time I have used food coloring gel, you can get it in the cake decorating section at Michael's.  I highly recommend it!



Here is Kyle's Lego Ninjago cake.  This is the main character- Kai, you can find it all over the Lego website.  For the party I made all the boys ninja headbands and they played ninja warrior games.  I was able to find inexpensive Lego Ninjago backpacks for each boy to take home and they each also got a small ninjago brick set in the backpack.





Trevor has been into Super Mario Bros. lately.  I made 1up cupcakes and dressed the rest of the table with Super Mario themed toys.  The take home gift is the brick coin box.  It's just a white box from the craft store.  I printed and glued the brick picture onto each side.  I filled them with assorted toys and chocolate coins, of course!  The boys played pin the mustache on the Mario for their game.

We have had birthday parties at fun houses and at home.  The years we have them at home I always wonder if hope that my boys will have as much fun.  When all is said and done the home parties always get the biggest smiles and hugs.  All the work is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment